Telecommunicator (Full Time)
Tri-Com Central Dispatch (Tri-Com) located in Kane County, Illinois is Now Accepting Applications for the position of Telecommunicator (Full-time).
TRI-COM Central Dispatch is a multi-jurisdictional 9-1-1 dispatch center located in St Charles, Illinois. We receive 9-1-1 calls and dispatch police, fire and emergency medical calls. Duties involve answering 9-1-1 calls, transmitting vital information to emergency personnel via the radio, relaying information via a computer-aided dispatch terminal, and answering administrative and non-emergency lines.
Applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
· Minimum age requirement of 21 years old
· Education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma
· Ability to speak clear articulate English
· Full range of hearing in both ears
· Type accurately with a speed of at least 40 WPM
(typing test must be passed in order to proceed with testing and interview process)
The position supports a 24 hour, 7 day a week operation and applicants must have the desire and ability to work any shift, including weekends and holidays.
· Previous experience in public-safety dispatching
· Multi-line telephone equipment
· Fast paced, computerized customer service experience
· Flexibility, split ear and multi-tasking are paramount
Applicants must successfully pass applicant testing, a keystroke/typing test, and an oral board interview. After placement on the eligibility list, applicants will take a polygraph test, extensive background investigation, criminal history check, psychological evaluation, physical exam, and drug test.
- Current Starting Salary: $47,099
- Group Health/Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- IMRF pension
- Holiday, Personal, and Vacation Time
- Represented by Metropolitan Alliance of Police (MAP)
How to Apply:
Mail or drop off Tri-Com application. NO faxed or emailed applications will be accepted. Applications are available by downloading it here or at our facility at 3823 Karl Madsen Drive, St Charles, Il 60175. You will receive an email confirmation that your application has been received. Applications ae due by the day prior to the test date. Applications are currently being accepted on an ongoing basis. Future test dates to be determined.
Mandatory Orientation & Testing:
All applicants are required to attend a mandatory orientation and testing.
Check-In: 6:15 P.M.
Start Time: 6:30 P.M.
Location: Will be notified when application received.
Questions? Contact email@example.com No phone calls.
Tri-Com Central Dispatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is in compliance with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 as amended, Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and employs without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, handicap or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.