Date posted: 12/22/2016
Tri-Com Central Dispatch
IT Manager (Full Time)
Tri-Com provides 9-1-1 and dispatch services for six (6) police departments and six (6) fire departments, primarily within Kane County in the far Western Suburbs region of the Chicago Metropolitan Area. Tri-Com provides services to an area of 200 square miles, and a population of 147,000 residents. Tri-Com employs an Executive Director, Deputy Director, Training Coordinator, CAD Administrator, Administrative Assistant, 18 dispatchers and 3 working shift supervisors. Tri-Com is seeking highly skilled, motivated, and qualified candidates for the position of IT Manager.
Under limited supervision, this position plans, designs, directs, implements, organizes, operates and executes projects, programs, services, and operations of the Information Technology Division. This position is responsible for the lifecycle of Tri-Com’s information systems infrastructure including, but not limited to, network, server, storage, telephone, computer audio/visual equipment, and software related to all systems. These systems include E9-1-1 phone system, computer aided dispatch, and radios. This position ensures that the telephone and data networks, all computers, servers, email and voicemail, are functional for all Tri-Com employees. The Information Technology Manager coordinates the information needs of Tri-Com to ensure consistency with Tri-Com’s overall strategic technology plan.
Education and Experience:
- Must be 21 years of age
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in computer science or related field; minimum of 7 years of experience in related field
- Any combination of education, training, and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job
- Experience in the public sector, specifically with information technology in public safety communications, is highly desirable
Licenses and Certifications:
- Must possess a valid Illinois driver’s license
- Microsoft Certification desirable
- Cisco Certification desirable
- ENP Certification desirable
- Tri-Com is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- 9-1-1, Police and fire/EMS operations and skilled at interacting with staff across all three disciplines
- Personal computer skills, electronic email, record keeping data base activity, and word processing
- Computer networks and desktop support
- Management information systems
- Office automation, network and operating systems, various public safety software applications
- Local Area Network (LANs) and Wide Area Networks (WANs)
- Knowledge of GIS and its application to local government and public safety
- Supervision of staff and activities
- All applicable state, federal and local ordinances, laws, rules and regulations
- All computer applications and hardware related to performance of the essential functions of the job
- Department organization, standard operating guidelines and policies, rules, and regulations
- Local, state, and federal laws, as well as current city ordinances
- Records retention and FOIA laws
- Mission critical public safety systems, including but not limited to: Computer Aided Dispatch, mobile data computers, E9-1-1 Phones Systems, NG 9-1-1, radio systems, and various public safety related interfaces (i.e. fire and law RMS, LEADS).
- Server virtualization (VMware preferred)
- Overall IT security, firewall configuration and maintenance (Palo Alto knowledge a plus), and VPN configuration
- Microsoft SQL Server Database management
- Windows Server configuration and administration
- Windows Workstation configuration and maintenance
Salary and Benefits
- Hiring Range DOQ: $75.500 – $91,500
- Salary Range: $75,500 – $108,885
- Health, Dental, and Life insurance
- IMRF pension
Applications will be accepted until 5 PM on January 24, 2017. Resumes alone will not be accepted.
Mail or drop off resume and cover letter with salary history, and three (3) professional references, along with a Tri-Com application. Applications are available by downloading it here or at our facility at 3823 Karl Madsen Drive, St Charles, IL 60175.
Telecommunicator (Full Time)
Tri-Com Central Dispatch (Tri-Com) located in Kane County, Illinois is Now Accepting Applications for the position of Telecommunicator (Full-time).
TRI-COM Central Dispatch is a multi-jurisdictional 9-1-1 dispatch center located in St Charles, Illinois. We receive 9-1-1 calls and dispatch police, fire and emergency medical calls. Duties involve answering 9-1-1 calls, transmitting vital information to emergency personnel via the radio, relaying information via a computer-aided dispatch terminal, and answering administrative and non-emergency lines.
Applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
· Minimum age requirement of 18 years old
· Education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma
· Ability to speak clear articulate English
· Full range of hearing in both ears
· Type accurately with a speed of at least 40 WPM
(typing test must be passed in order to proceed with testing and interview process)
The position supports a 24 hour, 7 day a week operation and applicants must have the desire and ability to work any shift, including weekends and holidays.
Desirable qualifications:· Previous experience in public-safety dispatching
· Multi-line telephone equipment
· Fast paced, computerized customer service experience
· Flexibility, split ear and multi-tasking are paramount
Applicants must successfully pass applicant testing, a keystroke/typing test, and an oral board interview. After placement on the eligibility list, applicants will take a polygraph test, extensive background investigation, criminal history check, psychological evaluation, physical exam, and drug test.
- Current Starting Salary: $47,099
- Group Health/Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- IMRF pension
- Holiday, Personal, and Vacation Time
- Represented by Metropolitan Alliance of Police (MAP)
How to Apply:
Mail or drop off Tri-Com application. NO faxed or emailed applications will be accepted. Applications are available by downloading it here or at our facility at 3823 Karl Madsen Drive, St Charles, Il 60175. You will receive an email confirmation that your application has been received.
Mandatory Orientation & Testing:
All applicants are required to attend a mandatory orientation and testing.
Check-In: 6:15 P.M.
Start Time: 6:30 P.M.
Location: Elburn Fire Station 1
Questions? Contact email@example.com No phone calls.
Tri-Com Central Dispatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is in compliance with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 as amended, Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and employs without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, handicap or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.