Training Coordinator (Full Time)
Tri-Com Central Dispatch (Tri-Com), located in Kane County, Illinois is now accepting applications for the position of Training Coordinator (full-time).
Tri-Com is a multi-jurisdictional 9-1-1 dispatch center located in St. Charles, Illinois. Tri-Com is seeking highly motivated, qualified candidates for the position of Training Coordinator. For more information, please review the job description.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
Education and Experience:
- Must be 21 years of age
- High school diploma or equivalent and
- Three (3) years of experience in a 9-1-1 public safety communications or related field; and
- At least three (3) years progressive experience in a supervisory position or Communications Training Officer in a multi-agency public safety communications center;
- Knowledge of public safety communications systems including, CAD, 9-1-1, radio, audio logger, etc.
- Or any combination of education, training, and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job
Licenses and Certifications:
- Typing speed of 40 words per minute
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must have the following certifications:
- APCO Emergency Medical Dispatch
- NIMS 100 and 700
Will achieve and maintain the following certifications within one year in Training Coordinator position:
- APCO Communications Training Officer
- APCO Fire Dispatch
- APCO Certified Instructor
- APCO Public Safety Telecommunicator
A strong candidate will also have experience in the following areas:
- Post-secondary degree in public safety, management or related field NIMS 200, 300, and 400
- Certified Training Officer (CTO) certification
- APCO EMD Manager
- APCO Communications Center Supervisor
Salary Range: $70,000 - $83,825
If you are interested and meet the minimum qualifications to apply, please submit a letter of intent, resume, and Tri-Com application to SRamirez@tri-com911.org or mail to Tri-Com Central Dispatch, 3823 Karl Madsen Drive, St. Charles, IL 60175. All applications must be received no later than 3PM on Wednesday, October 25, 2017. The process will include a review of each candidate’s qualifications and relevant work experience, as well as written essays and an oral interview.
Telecommunicator (Full Time)
Tri-Com Central Dispatch (Tri-Com) located in Kane County, Illinois is Now Accepting Applications for the position of Telecommunicator (Full-time).
TRI-COM Central Dispatch is a multi-jurisdictional 9-1-1 dispatch center located in St Charles, Illinois. We receive 9-1-1 calls and dispatch police, fire and emergency medical calls. Duties involve answering 9-1-1 calls, transmitting vital information to emergency personnel via the radio, relaying information via a computer-aided dispatch terminal, and answering administrative and non-emergency lines.
Applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
· Minimum age requirement of 21 years old
· Education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma
· Ability to speak clear articulate English
· Full range of hearing in both ears
· Type accurately with a speed of at least 40 WPM
(typing test must be passed in order to proceed with testing and interview process)
The position supports a 24 hour, 7 day a week operation and applicants must have the desire and ability to work any shift, including weekends and holidays.
· Previous experience in public-safety dispatching
· Multi-line telephone equipment
· Fast paced, computerized customer service experience
· Flexibility, split ear and multi-tasking are paramount
Applicants must successfully pass applicant testing, a keystroke/typing test, and an oral board interview. After placement on the eligibility list, applicants will take a polygraph test, extensive background investigation, criminal history check, psychological evaluation, physical exam, and drug test.
- Current Starting Salary: $48,041
- Group Health/Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- IMRF pension
- Holiday, Personal, and Vacation Time
- Represented by Metropolitan Alliance of Police (MAP)
Experienced 9-1-1 Telecommunicators:
If you are an experienced 9-1-1 Telecommunicator, you may be eligible to start at a higher pay scale ($49,243 to $53,693). This is dependent on a review of your experience and qualifications.
How to Apply:
Mail or drop off Tri-Com application. NO faxed or emailed applications will be accepted. Applications are available by downloading it here or at our facility at 3823 Karl Madsen Drive, St Charles, Il 60175. You will receive an email confirmation that your application has been received. Applications ae due by the day prior to the test date. Applications are currently being accepted on an ongoing basis. Future test dates to be determined.
Mandatory Orientation & Testing:
All applicants are required to attend a mandatory orientation and testing.
Date: Thursday, October 26, 2017
Check-In: 6:15 P.M.
Start Time: 6:30 P.M.
Location: Will be notified when application received.
Questions? Contact email@example.com No phone calls.
Tri-Com Central Dispatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is in compliance with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 as amended, Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and employs without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, handicap or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.